When using electrical appliances, basic safety precautions should always be followed,
including the following:
PLEASE READ AND UNDERSTAND ALL INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE USING THE UNIT.
WARNING: Some household dust contains chemicals known to the
State of California to cause cancer, birth defects or other reproductive harm such as
asbestos and lead in lead based paint.
WARNING: To reduce the risk of fire, electrical shock or injury:
• Close supervision is necessary when any appliance is used by or near children. Do not
allow to be used as a toy.
• To protect against risk of electrical shock, do not put unit or charging base in water or other
• Do not use wet/dry hand vacs to pick up toxic substances, flammable or combustible liquids
such as gasoline or use in areas where they may be present.
• Do not vacuum any electrical appliance while they are plugged in.
• Do not operate in the presence of explosives and/or flammable fumes or liquids.
• Do not operate any appliance with a damaged cord or charger or after the appliance
malfunctions, is left outdoors, dropped into water or is damaged in any manner. Return the
appliance to any authorized service facility.
• Do not use DustBuster
dry hand vacs outdoors or on wet surfaces. Do not use the wet/dry
hand vacs outdoors.
• Do not abuse the cord. Never carry the charger or base by the cord or yank to disconnect
from an outlet; instead grasp the charger and pull to disconnect. Keep cord away from
heated surfaces. Do not pull cord around sharp edges or corners.
• Do not allow the cord to hang over the edge of a table or counter or touch hot surfaces. The unit
should be placed or mounted away from sinks and hot surfaces.
• To prevent tripping accidents, store vacuum after each use.
• Do not use an extension cord. Plug the charger directly into an electrical outlet.
• Use the charger only in a standard electrical outlet (120V/60Hz).
• Do not attempt to use the charger with any other product; do not attempt to charge this
product with any other charger. Use only the charger supplied by the manufacturer to
• Keep hair, loose clothing, and all parts of body away from openings and moving parts.
• Do not insert accessories when unit is running.
• Do not handle plug or appliance with wet hands.
• Do not put any object into unit openings. Do not use with any openings blocked; keep free
of dust, lint, hair, and anything that may reduce air flow.
• Do not pick up any sharp objects that may damage vacuum or filter.
• Do not operate the unit without a filter and dust bowl in place. Replace a damaged filter
• Do not vacuum burning or smoking materials, such as lit cigarette butts, matches or hot
Catalog No. CWV9608 PRINTED IN CHINA
Copyright © 2009 Black & Decker FORM NO. 90548800 (MAR. ‘09)
SAVE THIS MANUAL FOR FUTURE REFERENCE.
FOR HOUSEHOLD USE ONLY.
VEA EL ESPAÑOL EN LA CONTRAPORTADA.
INSTRUCTIVO DE OPERACIÓN, CENTROS DE SERVICIO Y PÓLIZA DE GARANTÍA.
LÉASE ESTE INSTRUCTIVO ANTES DE USAR EL PRODUCTO.
To purchase a replacement filter
SAFETY GUIDELINES - DEFINITIONS
It is important for you to read and understand this manual.
The information it contains relates to protecting YOUR SAFETY and PREVENTING
PROBLEMS. The symbols below are used to help you recognize this information.
DANGER: Indicates an imminently hazardous situation which, if not
avoided, will result in death or serious injury.
WARNING: Indicates a potentially hazardous situation which, if not
avoided, could result in death or serious injury.
CAUTION: Indicates a potentially hazardous situation which, if not
avoided, may result in minor or moderate injury.
CAUTION: Used without the safety alert symbol indicates potentially
hazardous situation which, if not avoided, may result in property damage.
• Do not use on or near hot surfaces.
• Use extra caution when cleaning on stairs.
• This appliance is intended for household use only and not for commercial or industrial use.
• Use only as described in this manual. Use only manufacturer’s recommended
• Unplug the charger from outlet before any routine cleaning or maintenance.
• This product includes rechargeable nickel cadmium batteries. Do not incinerate batteries
as they will explode at high temperatures.
• Leaks from battery cells can occur under extreme conditions. If the liquid, which is a 20-
35% solution of potassium hydroxide, gets on the skin (1) wash quickly with soap and
water or(2) neutralize with a mild acid such as lemon juice or vinegar. If the liquid gets into
the eyes, flush them immediately with clean water for a minimum of 10 minutes. Seek
• The charger supplied with this product is intended to be plugged in such that it is correctly
orientated in a vertical or floor mount position.
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS
Thank you for choosing Black & Decker!
Go to www.BlackandDecker.com/NewOwner
to register your new product.
PPLLEEAASSEE RREEAADD BBEEFFOORREE RREETTUURRNNIINNGG TTHHIISS
PPRROODDUUCCTT FFOORR AANNYY RREEAASSOONN::
If you have a question or experience a problem with your Black & Decker purchase, go to
If you can’t find the answer or do not have access to the internet,
call 1-800-544-6986 from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. EST Mon. -- Fri. to speak with an agent.
Please have the catalog number available when you call.
for instant answers 24 hours a day.
SAVE THIS INSTRUCTION MANUAL FOR FUTURE REFERENCE.