Please Read and Save this Use and Care Book.
When using your iron, basic safety precautions should always be followed,
including the following:
READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE USING.
• Only use iron for its intended use.
• To avoid risk of electric shock, do not immerse the iron in water or other liquids.
• Always turn iron off before plugging or unplugging from the electrical
outlet. Never pull on the cord to disconnect the iron from the electrical
outlet; instead, grasp the plug and pull on the plug to disconnect the iron.
• Do not let the cord touch hot surfaces. Let the iron cool completely before
putting the iron away. Coil the cord loosely around the iron when storing.
• Always disconnect the iron from the electrical outlet before ﬁlling the iron
with water, emptying the water from the iron, and when the iron is not in use.
• Do not operate the iron with a damaged cord or in the event the iron has
been dropped or damaged. To avoid the risk of electric shock, do not
disassemble the iron. Take it to a qualiﬁed serviceman for examination and
repair. Incorrect assembly might result in a risk of electric shock when the
iron is used after reassembly.
• Close supervision is necessary for any appliance used by or near children.
Do not leave the iron unattended while the iron is connected or on an
• Burns can occur from touching hot metal parts, hot water or steam. Use
caution when you turn a steam iron upside down— there might be hot
water in the reservoir.
• This appliance is not intended for use by persons (including children) with
reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities, or lack of experience
and knowledge, unless they have been given supervision or instruction
concerning use of the appliance by a person responsible for their safety.
• Children should be supervised to ensure that they do not play with the appliance.
• The iron must be used and rested on a stable surface.
• When placing the iron on its stand, ensure that the surface on which the
stand is placed is stable.
• The iron is not to be used if it has been dropped, if there are visible signs of
damage or if it is leaking.
• To avoid a circuit overload, do not operate an iron on the same circuit with
another high wattage appliance.
• If an extension cord is absolutely necessary, a cord with an ampere rating
equal to or greater than the maximum rating of the iron should be used. A
cord rated for less amperage can result in a risk of ﬁre or electric shock
due to overheating. Care shall be taken to arrange the cord so that it cannot
be pulled or be tripped over.
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS.
This product is for household use only.
POLARIZED PLUG (120V MODELS ONLY)
This appliance has a polarized plug (one blade is wider than the other). To
reduce the risk of electric shock, this plug is intended to ﬁt into a polarized
outlet only one way. If the plug does not ﬁt fully into the outlet, reverse the
plug. If it still does not ﬁt, contact a qualiﬁed electrician. Do not attempt to
modify the plug in any way.
Warning: This appliance is equipped with a tamper-resistant screw to
prevent removal of the outer cover. To reduce the risk of ﬁre or electric shock,
do not attempt to remove the outer cover. There are no user-serviceable parts
inside. Repair should be done only by authorized service personnel.
Note: If the power supply cord is damaged, it should be replaced by qualiﬁed
personnel; in Latin America, by an authorized service center.
HOW TO USE
This product is for household use only.
• Remove any labels, stickers or tags attached to the body or soleplate of the iron.
• Please go to www.prodprotect.com/applica to register your warranty.
Note: Use ordinary tap water for ironing. Do not use water processed through a
home softening system.
Important: For optimum performance, let the iron stand for
90 seconds before beginning to iron.
Tip: If unsure of a garment’s ﬁber, test a small area (on an inside seam or hem)
FILLING WATER TANK
1. Tilt the iron and using a clean measuring cup, pour water into opening until the
water reaches the MAX level mark on the water tank. Do not overﬁll.
2. Plug iron into electrical outlet.
IRONING WITH STEAM
The Smart Steam
system automatically generates the right amount of steam
for the fabric type selected. Once you select the temperature, the Smart Steam
technology detects the temperature and adjusts the steam power accordingly.
1. Turn fabric-select dial to appropriate setting (between 4 and 6) for your fabric. See
fabric guide on top of the water tank and read garment’s label
to help you determine fabric guide. Be sure there is water in the reservoir. Steam is
automatically turned off between settings 0 and 3.
2. When ﬁnished ironing, turn the fabric select dial to 0 and unplug the iron.
Important: Always stand the iron on its heel rest when powered on but not in use.
1. Be sure the iron is ﬁlled with water.
2. On ﬁrst use, pump the spray button several times.
IRONING WITHOUT STEAM
1. Turn the fabric -select dial to setting between settings 1, 2 or 3 (DRY) to iron
without steam. The Smart Steam
system will automatically turn steam off.
2. To dry iron at higher settings, empty the water from the tank to prevent steaming.
The anti-drip system prevents water spotting at low temperatures.
AUTOMATIC SHUTOFF IN 2 POSITIONS
• Once the iron reaches appropriate temperature, it will turn off after 30
seconds of inactivity if left on its soleplate. If left vertically on its heel rest, it
will shut off after 8 minutes.
• As soon as you pick up the iron, it will start heating again. Wait for iron to
reheat completely before resuming operation.
CARE AND CLEANING
This product contains no user serviceable parts. Refer service to qualiﬁed service
1. Make sure iron is unplugged and has cooled completely. Wipe the
soleplate and outer surfaces with a soft cloth dampened with water and
mild household detergent. Never use abrasives, heavy-duty cleansers,
vinegar or scouring pads that may scratch or discolor the iron.
2. After cleaning, steam iron over an old cloth to remove any residue from
the steam vents.
STORING YOUR IRON
1. Unplug the iron and let it cool completely.
2. Check that the fabric select dial is set to 0.
3. Store iron on its heel rest.
For service, repair or any questions regarding your appliance, call the
appropriate 800 number on the cover of this book. Do not return the product
to the place of purchase. Also, please Do not mail product back to the
manufacturer, nor bring it to a service center. You may also want to consult
the website listed on the cover of this manual.
Two-Year Limited Warranty
(Applies only in the United States and Canada)
What does it cover?
will not exceed the purchase price of the product.
For how long?
What will we do to help you?
new or factory refurbished.
How do you get service?
toll-free number, 1-800-231-9786, for general warranty service.
What does your warranty not cover?
states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of consequential or incidental
damages, so this limitation may not apply to you.)
How does state law relate to this warranty?
rights that vary from state to state or province to province.
1 2 3 4
EASY STEAM IRON
Product may vary slightly from what is illustrated.
1. Spray Nozzle
2. Water-fill opening
3. Fabric-select dial
4. Spray button
6. Heel rest
7. Fabric guide
8. Water tank
© 2012 Applica Consumer Products, Inc.
is a registered trademark of The Black & Decker Corporation,
Towson, Maryland, USA
Made and Printed in People’s Republic of China
USA /Canada 1-800-231-9786
Register your product at www.prodprotect.com/applica